Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: puppies, pictures, and prosecutors

This has been such a week of happiness.  So, here's what I'm thankful for this week...

1.  Who let the dogs out?

...who, who, who, who?  I know what you're thinking.  Either (1) How does Kelly have friends?  OR (2) That makes me think of middle school.  Either way, whatever.  Keep reading.

If you know the LaPlantes, then you know that they have an unhealthy obsession with their almost four year old Schnorkie (or Yowzer...whichever you prefer.  He's a Schnauzer Yorkie) Sawyer.  To say our lives revolve around this boy is an understandment.


So we were really excited when we expanded our little family this week.


Meet Norah.  Our 8 week old goldendoodle and the newest addition to the LaPlante family.  We're nothing short of in love already.

Choosing a breed was a no brainer.  Hypoallergenic.  Non-shedding.  Smart like a poodle.  Cute like a golden.  Long living.  Great family dog.  Precious as all get out.  Um...duh.  Goldendoodle it is.

We always knew we were more of a two dog family.  In fact, we've been following a breeder for three years now.  We wanted to get a second dog before we were in a house and before children, and this felt like the perfect time.  Not to mention, we always believed Sawyer would be much happier if he had a pal during the work days when we aren't at home.  So here she is!

Sawyer still isn't entirely sure what he thinks of her.  He's slowly warming up to her.  She wanted to snuggle him immediately, but Sawyer wasn't so sure.  We keep making the joke that Sawyer is our teenage son who is a little annoyed with his new little sister.  But, we are sure that in no time they'll be spooning (or something like that).


2.  Dreampop Media maka me so happay

Many of you know that our friends, Jeff and Amanda, are the duo behind Dreampop Media.  They're a great couple, and they are seriously talented.  They did our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and did photo and video at our wedding.  We've been nothing short of pleased with everything they have done.  But this week,  the lady part of the duo delivered our wedding video (the long form).  It is 25 minutes of pure happiness, and I cried through the whole thing.  We'll try to put it online sometime soon (if we can get the file to work).   At the very least, Amanda is going to have our short form video up in the next few days. I couldn't be more thankful to have had them come into our lives, and we are loving the friendship that has blossomed from all of it.

Here's a sneak peak of some of the shots Jeff took at our wedding:





3.  New Job - Holla!

Tomorrow I start my new job with the 9th Circuit Solicitor's Office.  I don't want to go into it too much, because a couple of things have to fall in to place for everything to be perfect.  But, when it does (or doesn't) I'll be sure to let y'all know.  Many of you know I interned here during my 3L year.  It's essentially my dream job.  So fingers crossed and prayers needed.  This girl's just getting started!

Hope your week has brought you as much happiness as mine has.  Stay thankful!

xoxo,
Kel



1 comment:

  1. I'm avoiding the stack of busy work on my desk, so I'm welcome for the distraction:

    1) You seriously have 'classic movie'-esque doggies and I just love it.

    2) Your photog's were stupendous - what fun, bright, colorful images (and you and your beau looked pretty darned good, too!)

    3) CONGRATS on the new job! I know the legal market is TOUGH... so this is a big deal!

    Glad to have ya back, Kelly. :)

    ReplyDelete