Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Let's get this wedding weekend started right.



Note:  I have purposefully skipped my Bachelorette Party.  Not because it wasn't fabulous, but because I'm waiting on my sister to give me the pictures.  Then, I'll go through them and pick out a few appropriate ones and tell you all about our girls' weekend.

SO, without further ado....I'm going to go ahead and dive right in to our wedding weekend.  I'll split the first two nights in to two blog entries, and the wedding itself is going to have to be a whole slew of entries.  I can't help it.  I loved every detail.  It was my wedding.  I should have.

First, let me tell you about where we were staying.  We found a 25 person beach house out at Isle of Palms at a reasonable price which housed our entire wedding party.  Yes, pretty much everyone.





It was perhaps the greatest idea we have ever had.  We loved having all of our friends surrounding us on the days leading up to wedding, and we seriously had a blast.  Everyone arrived on Thursday night with itineraries in their rooms and fridges stocked with goodness.

NIGHT ONE

First, we prepared what could be the most epic taco bar ever to be made.



After stuffing our faces we started a rousing game of trivia.  Not just any trivia, but trivia hosted by my husband-to-be and myself.  There were all kinds of categories (including one about us as a couple).  Our wedding party was randomly matched with one another, and my law school friends who were staying down the street even came down to play.  It was the perfect way to break the ice and let everyone get to mingle with each other.  The questions were tough, but even worse were the challenges.  We had a certain number of envelopes that each team could come and "buy" from us during the breaks between questions.  Each envelope could contain iTunes gift cards, Pokemon cards, an addition or subtraction of points, or a challenge.  The challenges ranged from crumping to singing to dance battling Ricky.  In order to "buy" an envelope, a team member had to take a shot of Fireball Whisky.  Yeah....that got messy.  But, it did create one of the most amazing dance battles I've ever seen go down between one of our groomsmen (Ricky) and one of our bridesmaids (Jackie)...which can be seen at the link below.  The quality isn't great, but I'm just happy someone got this on video.

Dance Battle Video

In the end, some of my girlfriends came out victorious and were awarded a trophy during the rehearsal dinner.

Living room full of wedding party (plus Austin/best man cheesing)


We got some seriously creative responses.

Tallying points, ya'll.

I've got to say...if you're planning to get married, this is such an excellent idea.  Everyone had such a great time.....aaaaaand my parents ended up having to bring us more beer to re-stock the already packed fridge.  What can I say?  Our wedding party is a good time.

xoxo,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment