Monday, April 15, 2013

Make My Monday: AKA Friday Finds pretending to be Make My Monday



Here's some of the things I'm loving right now...

1.  Mia 2

By now you've probably heard about clarisonics. They're these miracle hand held skin cleansers. They claim it's "micro-massage motion works within skin's natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind--leaving skin softer, smoother, and more beautiful."



This is NOT a lie.

At first I was a naysayer. How could this little vibrating thing possible be all that great?  It is THAT great.  In fact, IT IS AMAZING. It is expensive. IT IS WORTH IT. It makes your skin feel amazing and oil free. I could possibly be addicted to mine. All my girlfriends now own them, and we seriously can't get enough. And now they come in fun colors (mine is white and boring).

You should seriously consider splurging for one, and don't waste your money on the drug store version. It works nothing like it.

2.  Homemade Taco Salads

Do you love Moe's salads? My family has an addiction. I could eat a Personal Trainer every single day of my life. No, no...not a person. That's what the salad is called.



So to save some cash, my husband and I decided to start making them at home. They are not hard at all. Here's how:

Ingredients:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions
Mushrooms
Bell Pepper
Black Beans
Salsa
Ground lean chicken
Taco seasoning (I highly suggest making your own at home to control the amount of salt in the mixture)

Are you ready for this?
1. Brown your meat and add your seasoning
2. Sauté mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper with olive oil cooking spray (try not to use too many sprays!)
3. Combine ingredients
4. Eat that junk. It's delicious!

3.  Cards Against Humanity

Okay. We are in love. With each other? Yes.  With this game?  Gosh yes.  So in love that we ordered it the day after we played it for the first time at some our favorites' house last week. Yeah...it's that good.



How can you explain how great this is? Well it's Apples to Apples (usually a crowd favorite), but you should be 17+ to play it. It's innapropriate. It's hilarious. It will make you feel like a bad person. Therefore, it is perfect. You need to get your hands on this ASAP. You can buy it from Amazon (which had a wait list for a while) or print it from their website for free (how cool is that?).

This picture is sideways....because it's highly inappropriate.  

Ps. It also gets cool points because it was originally a Kickstarter project.

4.  Hello! My Name is BBQ

Do you like good food? If you said no, then leave my page right now and explain to yourself that you will not be friends with Kelly LaPlante. If you answered yes...keep reading.

Handsdown our favorite brunch in town is at the HMMIBBQWHQ. That's the Hello! My Name is BBQ World Headquarters. This place started as a gourmet food truck in town (in fact it was one of the big hits at our wedding), and now they've opened up their world headquarters on Meeting Street. On Saturdays they serve up brunch with live music and a side of bottomless mimosas. OR you can have a po'mosa which is made with Miller High Life.

BBQ sauce that is homemade, seasonal, and unique completed with awesome salt and pepper shakers

My favorite brunch date.  Make that my favorite date for, well, everything.  
Who could resist a man with a beard, flannel, and a vest?  Not this girl.

The highlight is the food which includes my all time favorite shrimp and grits with BBQ'ed bacon and chorizo. Can you say yum?


Darryl loves the pulled pork breakfast plate or this manly biscuit (seen across the table) with lots of meat on it.

So Saturday...be there! So delicious and the people are fun too.

------------

XOXO,
Kel


1 comment:

  1. 1. We need to get some Stars & Bars people together to play some Cards Against Humanity.
    2. I am going to drag Dana to Hello! My name is BBQ THIS SATURDAY. I need those shrimp and girts in my life.

    ReplyDelete