Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: Here's to 30 years, Momsie & Popsicle!


It seems so fitting that Thankful Tuesday falls on THIS particular Tuesday, because this Tuesday happens to be my parents' 30th Anniversary.  Thirty years of marital bliss is so rare these days, and I absolutely couldn't be prouder to call these two my parents.  They are two people that I am so blessed to have in my life, and I thank God for them on the daily.


So, indulge me.  I'm going to have to brag on them a little bit.


My parents, in all seriousness, are the kind of parents that every kid dreams of.  They're supportive and loving, but they aren't the type that will let you get away with everything.  They'll let you know when they are disappointed, and you feel motivated to never make them feel that way.  They're your friend, but they provide just enough boundaries so you still understand they're your parents.  They're fun, and they're pretty open to anything you want to do.  Whether it's taking your family to a park for a picnic or helping you move 15+ times, they're going to be there for you.  I really don't know how they've done it, but they've done something right.


My Mom and Dad are the kind of couple that people are drawn to. They're always the ones hosting the parties or entertaining a whole slew of kids at their house.  They have an open door policy, and they have welcomed each person with open arms that has had the opportunity to walk through their doors.  They raised two daughters, but they managed to adopt each and everyone of our friends too.  My Mom has given each of us hugs as we've cried and laughed with us about absolutely nothing.  My Dad has reminded each of us how special we are, and we all know he's the man to go to for a good drink and a cigar.  They're awesome, y'all.  Plain awesome.

They're my parents, and I couldn't love them more than I already do.

My sister summed it up nicely here as well:
"30 years ago today, I had the privilege of being a part of a wedding of a very "special" young couple. Through the years, I was witness to the marriage these 2 shared. They raised 2 little girls into successful, intelligent, loving women that are each "special" in their own way. They have worked to build a loving home and good life for themselves, children and grandchildren and have also opened there doors and hearts to so many others. They have struggled, learned and lost but have always come out stronger and together. They are a true testament that love can endure all things. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. "

ps. My sister chucked rice in my Mom's face as they left their wedding.  Hilarious.  Probably not at the time.  They've come a long way. hahahahaha.


So thanks Mom and Dad for setting such a wonderful example of what love is.  Thanks for showing us that marrying your best friend can lead to a lifetime full of happy.  I love you both!

xoxo,
Kel


No comments:

Post a Comment