Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Things I'm Obsessed With...

So here's what I'm really digging right now.  When I say that I'm digging it, I mean I seriously can't get enough.

ps. Darryl isn't digging any of these things.  Except maybe my cooking, and he's a huge fan of #7.

1.  Shades of Grey
Yeah, I said it.  I'm just like every other woman in America who is loving this book. Well, maybe your Grandmother isn't loving it.  But, let's face it...most women are.  If you haven't started reading this trilogy, then you are seriously missing out.

2.  Dinner Parties
Look, I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I have been killing it in the kitchen.  Okay, so I meant to toot my horn.  But seriously - I was the girl who almost burned down the house making eggs in college.  My three years at law school, with a kitchen to myself, has truly allowed me to come into my own in the kitchen.



More than my current love for cooking, is my love for a good dinner party.  Here's some pictures of some of my most recent concoctions and my most recent fabulous party.  Yeah, there's probably some Pinterest influence in here....okay so A LOT of PINTEREST INFLUENCE.  Geez.





3.  Girls
I don't mean those of the female persuasion.  I mean HBO's show Girls.  It's an in your face, realistic portrayal of what post-grad girls go through.  The girls in this show are fantastic, and they draw you in from the first scene.  Which by the way, is a scene where a recent grad is completely cut off from her parents' money.  She's just trying to make it in a big city and a tough job market.  I mean, I'm pretty sure we can all relate to this a little?  The show has been the subject of a lot of controversy, but I am seriously loving the realness and awkwardness of every plot line.  The season is over now, but you can definitely catch up for the next season because they are short episodes.

4.  Summer Up-Dos
Y'all, I love Pinterest.  Seriously.  It has inspired so many hairstyles it's unbelievable.  I've done sock buns, and braid buns, and beach waves, and no heat curls.  Seriously, I cannot get enough.  I am loving all the summer up-dos currently floating around the site.  Here's my attempt at a braided bun.  It looked way cooler in person, but here's a taste.

5. Maxi Dresses/Skirts
I can't even explain how much I love maxi dresses and skirts.  They are the absolute PERFECT study outfit.  Anything that is so comfortable that I can wear it ALL day and still look fabulous is a major winner in my book.  I may or may not have worn one 85% of the summer thus far.

6.  A good pair of sunglasses
What person doesn't need a fantastic pair of sunglasses for the summer (or 10 pairs)?  I'm so obsessed with sunglasses, that I'm starting to wonder what people did before they had sunglasses.  We're so spoiled.
These are my current favorites.  
My USC Homecoming cheapos.  
Durable, fashionable, and shows off my school spirit.  

7.  These girls
For those of you who haven't been following me on the twitters, the Facebook, or the instagram...I'm obsessed with these two girls.  During law school, there was a third (Anna), but now that she is gone it's just this trifecta of awesomeness left. (MISS YOU ANNA!  And can I just say that Anna Penland is one of the sweetest, kindest, most genuine people I have ever met.  I miss her dearly, and I am SO lucky to call her my friend.  She is seriously fantastic.)

Tara & Katie have been my absolute saviors while prepping for the Bar.  I so look forward to our weekends where we get one night out together.



So here's what I think...

Tara is one of those people that you just love to be around.  She "goes hard at life" as we like to say, in that she can make just about any situation fun.  She's HILARIOUS, and her excitement for life is seriously contagious.  She's one heck of a friend, has fantastic style, and you can seriously talk to her about ANYTHING without any judgment.  Oh and she totally has bangs like CeCe on New Girl.


Katie is a fantastic friend.  She's one of those people who would drop everything she's doing if you are having a bad day.  She's thoughtful, warm, loyal, and SO much fun.  She always has me laughing.  She is a Clemson Tiger, but we have made it work.  She's so well put together you would most likely be jealous, she has an awesome Westie named Stanley, and has an AMAZING singing voice.

I'm seriously so lucky to have them in Winston to help me through this not-so-fun summer, so I had to give them a shout out here.

Here's some pictures of our recent day trip to Charlotte for the American Idol tryouts.  The judges were idiots and didn't take either of my girls.  But it was SO fun.
Studying for the Bar in line



Ryan Seacrest and Scotty McCreery

More BarBri shots

Not Katie or Tara, but still wanted to give a shout out to my male undergrad bestie, Eric, who met us out for a bit

#friendship

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! I love a good pair of sunglasses too, but I will say I'm not on the 50 shades bandwagon ... I think you can count me out of that ;) !

    ReplyDelete