Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Doing it twice makes it twice as nice...aka let's rehearse this bad boy



Again, if you have not been keeping up with my blog then I'll catch you up.  I'm reflecting on my wedding because it was fantastic and I wanna.

So far here's what you've missed:
1.  Tailgate Couples Shower
2.  Tea Party Bridal Shower
3.  Monograms & Mimosas Bridal Shower
4.  The Paper
5.  Night one of Wedding Weekend - aka Wedding Party Trivia Showdown
6.  Day two of Wedding Weekend - aka Wedding Party Field Day

AND NOW....the rehearsal dinner.

When my husband and I got engaged, I knew exactly what kind of rehearsal dinner I wanted.  Low key, Southern, and delicious.  So here's what we came up with...SHAGGING, OYSTERS, & BEAUFORT STEW.




First we rehearsed (well Madison and I mostly played).




Go ahead and take this picture in, because she didn't make it down the aisle on the actual day.


My sweet law school pal, Tara, was my stand in bride.  My husband is awesome.






Then, we all headed back to the beach house to celebrate...






With Beaufort stew & oysters...






and a shagging instruction...


and oysters...

and some brave souls learning to shag...

and local gourmet popsicles...

 Did I mention it was Flannel Friday?  LOTS AND LOTS OF FLANNEL.





And we gave out our wedding party gifts...

Here's Popsicle with his special gift.

And the ladies accepted their trivia championship trophy.  Kristin lost...hence the L for loser.

Then, we headed to the beach to release wish lanterns.







It was perfection.  Serious perfection.
I highly suggest having a laid back rehearsal dinner.  It just kicks everything off in such a fun way!


Next up....the wedding day! 

xoxo,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment